1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
- Types of Personal Information Collected
- (1) User-Provided Information
You may provide Machi X with information such as (a) Account Information: your email address and password; (b) Personal Information: your name, nationality, country of residence, birth of date, address, phone number; (c) Identity Verification Information: including but not limited to ID number, photos of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, driving license, [your selfie along with the above mentioned ID documents], and FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) related information; and (d) Financial Information: including but not limited to account number, bills, source of fund.
- (2)Automatically collected information
- (3)Social Media
We may also collect, process, use and internationally transmit your feedback to the Services or Our Site or any response to our survey. When you use the Services, we may also collect, process, use and internationally transmit information about your transactions and/or your other activities on our website and we may continuously collect, process, use and internationally transmit name and type of your computer, mobile device, or any other access devices, such as the name and device of your operating system, for fraud prevention purposes as well as to monitor for possible breach of your Account and to identify any malicious software or any other activity that may harm Machi X and/or its users. Furthermore, we may also collect, process, use and internationally transmit additional information that you voluntarily provide to our customer success team, to the extent permitted by applicable laws.
- (1) User-Provided Information
- Specific Purposes of Collection, Processing, Use, and International Transmission of the Personal information
We collect, process, use and internationally transmit the aforementioned personal information for the following purposes: (a) providing the Services and requesting customer support; (b) considering and processing your application/transactions and sending notices about your transactions; (c) analyzing your usage of the Services and this Site; (d) developing and tailoring the Services and this Site based on your preferences; (e) resolving disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems; (f) managing, operating, providing and/or administering your use of and/or access to our Services and the Site; (g) delivering targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers according to your communication preferences; and/or (h) verifying your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
2. PROCESSING AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION; TIME PERIOD OF USE , AREAS OF USE, PERSONS AUTHORIZED TO USE, AND METHODS OF USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Additional Specific Purposes of Use
Machi X may process and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- (1) providing the Services and requested customer support;
- (2) processing transactions and sending notifications about your transactions;
- (3) analyzing your usage of the Services and this Site;
- (4) developing and customizing the Services and this Site according to your preferences;
- (5) resolving disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- (6) delivering targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers according to your communication preferences;
- (7) disposing of de-identified personal information;
- (8) verifying your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases; and/or
- (9) complying with laws and regulations (including but not limited to Anti-Money Laundering and counter-terrorist financing, or as otherwise may be necessary to execute the agreement between you and Machi X).
Please note that two or more purposes may apply simultaneously. The types (classification) for the personal information shall be the same as those provided in Article 1.
- Persons Authorized to Use
- Time Period of Use
The longest of the following period shall prevail: (a) The period when the specific purposes for collection of the personal information exist; (b) The mandatory record keeping period under applicable laws and regulations; (c) The keeping period for operation needs; or (d) the keeping period as agreed in relevant contract or agreement.
- Areas of Use
Any place within or outside the territory where the persons authorized to use as specified above are located.
- Methods of Use
Collection, processing, international transmission and use of personal information with automatic machine or other non-automatic methods (e.g., use of electronic documents, papers or other appropriate methods in line with the then-current technology) in compliance with the applicable laws and regulations relating to personal information protection.
3. STORAGE AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may engage certain third-party vendors that may collect, process, use, internationally transmit, store and/or protect your personal information.
- We store and process your personal and transactional data / information, including but not limited to relevant payment information in Taiwan, Republic of China, provided that the location may change from time to time, depending on the services provider used by Machi X (the “Storage Location”). Your personal information may be accessed by the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies where the Storage Location is located. Please note that the privacy standards of the Storage Location may vary from locations depending on where you reside.
- We utilize reasonable technical and organizational information security measures to appropriately protect your personal information from leaking or unauthorized accesses and prevent such risks of providing personal information. However, Machi X cannot guarantee, among others, the personal information you provided or we collected to not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by any malicious attacks from hackers or any skilled computer experts.
4. THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING
- Machi X may allow third-party ad servers or ad networks to provide advertisements on the Services and this Site and on third-party services. These third-party ad servers or ad networks use technology to send, directly to your browser, the advertisements, and links that appear on the Services. They automatically receive your IP address when this occurs. They may also use other technologies to measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize the advertising content.
- Machi X itself does not respond to “do not track” signals, and we do not control whether third parties do.
- The types (classification) for the personal information and purposes in this Article shall be the same as those provided in Article 1.
5. SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Machi X values your privacy. However, for your use and our improvement of the Services and the Site, we may share your personal information with the following parties under the following circumstances:
- We have obtained your consent to share or transfer your personal information to third parties.
- We share or transfer your personal information with essential third parties, including, but not limited to our Affiliates, and other service providers at the reasonable discretion of Machi X, to assist with parts of our business operations, such as bill collection, marketing, know-your-customer procedure, and technology services. If you register with or access the Services or this Site, we may assume that you agree to our sharing with such parties at the reasonable discretion of Machi X.
- We may be required to disclose personal information if and when obliged to do so by a subpoena, a court order, or a similar legal procedure.
- We may share, transfer, or disclose your personal information to third parties when we decide to sell, buy, or merge our businesses with such parties. Machi X may also transfer or assign such information in the course of corporate mergers, divestitures, or dissolution.
- We may also make disclosures of personal information if we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our terms and conditions of use.
6. CHOICES AND RIGHTS OF YOUR INFORMATION
- You may exercise your rights stipulated in this Article 6 relating to your personal information collected, processed, and used by Machi X, and you may delete your Account in which we may no longer be able to provide the Services and this Site to you.
- You have the following right, subject to the applicable laws and this Article 6, to send your request to us:
- (1) Inquire or request to review, make duplications of, replenish and rectify your personal information collected by Machi X;
- (2) Request Machi X to discontinue our collection, processing and use of the personal information collected by Machi X; and
- (3) Delete any personal information collected by Machi X. Kindly note that we may not be able to provide the Services and this Site to you upon such deletion and we cannot, however, delete such personal information that is necessary to comply with binding legal obligations.
- Upon your inquiry or request for a review and making duplication of the personal information Machi X has collected from you, Machi X shall determine whether to agree to such request within fifteen (15) days from the date on which Machi X receives your request, except:
- (1) when the national security, diplomatic and military secrets, the macroeconomic interests or any other major national interests may be harmed;
- (2) when the performance of official duties may be interfered with; and
- (3) when the major interests of Machi X or a third person may be affected.
Please note that the fifteen-day period may be extended from our sole discretion after notification in writing (either in electronic or physical-copy form). Please note that Machi X may charge a fee to you if you make an inquiry or request to review, or make duplications of your personal information.
- (1) there is a dispute regarding the accuracy of your personal information;
- (2) the processing or use of such personal information is either necessary for the performance of an official duty or fulfillment of a legal obligation of Machi X or agreed by you in writing (either in electronic or hard-copy form); and
- (3) such dispute has been recorded. The thirty-day period may be extended to a time period of no longer than thirty (30) days when necessary and you will be notified of the reason of extension in writing (either in electronic or physical-copy form).
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Services and this Site are not targeted for those who are under the age of twenty (20). We do not intentionally collect personal information from such a person. We will delete any such information as soon as practicable when we are aware of such collection.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITE LINKS
We do not guarantee the security of personal information and/or other information that you provide on third party websites. We do implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information that is in our possession or under our control. We, therefore, do not have any responsibility or liability for the security arrangements (or lack thereof) of your personal information on these linked third party websites. These linked websites are only for your convenience and you therefore access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and the links placed upon each of them and therefore welcome any feedback about these linked websites.
9. NO CLASS ACTION
To the extent permitted under the applicable law, you and Machi X may bring claims against the other only in your or its individual capacity, and not as a plaintiff or class member in any purported class, representative, consolidated or multi-claimant proceeding.
To the extent permitted under the applicable law, you and Machi X each waive any right to a jury trial.
11. CONTACTING MACHI X
If you have any questions about this Private Policy, please contact Machi X through [email protected].